Saturday, March 21, 2015

Fears and Dreams; Fears and Being Real

And a month later... So much has changed. 

I have been seriously thinking about changing the name of my business, as I'm going in a bit of a new direction. 

I've struggled with this off and on, wondering if I create Christian art, would I be shooting myself in the financial foot. Really honest there! 

Afraid that it would turn a lot of people off, and away from my blog - you know, when I eventually actually got the courage to create more art and post it here... 

Would I ever be able to get published in all my favorite Stampington magazines? Would they publish a Christian artist? I'd never seen it before, so I was afraid they wouldn't. 

I have dreamed these beautiful artsy dreams for so long - for two decades!!! - and I feared there would be a 'limited audience' if I were to create Christian art solely. 

I was wrong... In so many ways, I was wrong. 

It is my beautiful Jesus that has given me these artsy dreams to begin with. 

He knows my every need. He knows everything it will take for me to make my art dreams come true. He knows how much money I need to make so I can financially support myself. 

He knows all of it. 

And He is still calling me; whispering ever so sweetly in my heart and in my spirit to paint for Him, to blog about my art journey and my walk with Him, to have the courage to show my art on my blog and list it in my very new and very empty Etsy shop. 

He knows all that I need. He is my light and my life. He is my everything. 

And so I have nothing to fear. 

God told me that directly late yesterday afternoon. Sabrina, my son-in-law's sister-in-law (but she is like a niece to me! :) ), texted me and sent me a link to a YouTube video featuring a song called No Longer Slaves by Jonathan David & Melissa Helser. She told me that the Lord brought me to her mind when she was listening to that song that day and she hoped it blessed me. 

Wow! It blessed me so much. It is still blessing me. :) 

There is no need to fear, for "I'm no longer a slave to fear. I am a child of God." 

And one of my favorite verses in the song: 

"You split the sea so I could walk right through it. My fears are drowned in perfect love." 

And so, I am stepping out in faith and following what God has put in my heart. 



No comments:

Post a Comment